Top 5 from Cleveland Foodie, Michelle Venorsky
1. The rooftop at The Greenhouse Tavern. This is one of the best restaurant atmospheres in town in general. And when you are able to enjoy your cocktail on their fantastic rooftop, it takes that feeling to a whole different level. Weather permitting, it’s not to be missed. And when you’re done taking it all in, head downstairs for the clams foie gras. You can thank me later.
2. West Side Market. You ask any Clevelander to name their favorite place, and I’d place any wager that the market makes their list. And for good reason — there is nothing like it. Whether I go on a crowded and chaotic Saturday, or a peaceful Monday morning, I always discover something new. I go here to shop. I go here to relax. I go here to explore. And mostly I go here because I can. Because as Clevelanders, we are so fortunate that something as grand and historic as the market is such a huge part of our make-up.
3. Lakeview Cemetery. A cemetery… weird, right? But not this one. It’s a who’s who of Cleveland’s rich past that call Lake View their final resting place. So there’s the historic element from Rockefeller to Garfield to Ness. But also, the grounds are simply beautiful. I highly recommend grabbing a coffee and a chocolate-covered croissant from Presti’s down the hill in Little Italy, then making your way up the hill to the cemetery and explore. Then after, head back down the hill because our Little Italy is fantastic in its own right.
4. Tremont ArtWalk. The second Friday of every month in Tremont, the shops and galleries stay open late. This is one of the best neighborhoods in town and a great opportunity to see why. You will no doubt walk away with some fun finds from the great retailers (Banyan Tree is a personal fave) and then enjoy delicious eats as this area is also home to some of our best restaurants, like Dante, Fahrenheit, Bac and Lolita.
5. University Circle. I have purposefully lived in Cleveland my entire life and happily find myself in University Circle monthly for one reason or another. And there hasn't been one time when I haven’t thought to myself how amazing this pocket of town is, from the architecture to the quality of culture and science that surround it. Take Severance for example. From the outside in, how can you not be in awe of this structure.
Michelle Venorsky is the author of the popular Cleveland Foodie blog and co-founder of local agency Hello LLC. She's also a wife, mom, Boston Terrier owner and Cleveland Browns fan. Follow Michelle on twitter @michellev.